Thursday, October 06, 2005

Everything's Going Downhill From Here

This has been the worse week ever. Things have not been going well for me and even my colleagues. It's like one bad news after another. even with friends, it's like every time we meet up, some more bad news will "drop" by.

1st, Original told me yesterday that he is planning to resign after he goes for his interview at the International company who is paying him RM5K (negotiable). His interview is this Saturday. I know it's a good move for him, comparing it to now. Afterall, he getting a miserable salary when he has to handle 2 websites, create webpages for the merchants, create banner and advertising materials, and now even have to handle production. I would be very happy if he gets the offer but yet I'd be very sad cos he's the only one in the office that I can bitch to about everything. He makes me happy to come to work some times. Being with him is so comfortable and I can be myself. I confronted him by saying that he means a lot to me and I will be very sad if he really leaves. Of course I said it as a friendly manner even though I have to admit that I have a little crush on him.

Next, he tells me that Ffish wants to fire Other. I knew it was coming. In fact, a lot of us already knows about it but we kept it hushed. Her reason for not wanting him is that he is too slow in his work. That I have to agree. He can take ages to finish up 1 webpage when Original only needs half a day to do it. But regardless, I think he is ok as he actually does his work and it would be so unfair if Ffish just fires him without warning. I believe that everyone deserves a fair trial by giving them a second chance and a warning beforehand. Any way, I found out from Original today that he has already warned Other about it and advised him to resign before being fired. Original told him to resgin after he resigns. This kinda proves that Original wants to resign already.

Last nite, G told me she is suspicious of the company. She informed me that Ffish is not even inviting the 2 of our strategic partnership to come to the press conference. How can that be, when all we use for procuring the merchants are these 2 major credit card "labels". There is a lot of fishy business going on in this company and I kinda know the whole story from getting bits and pieces all over. During the launch and even after the launch, there will be even MORE screw ups as our backend is not strong enough to support such a major and complicated program. Now as it is, we're already receiving a lot of shits. Just a few minutes ago, we lost 2 merchants, due to our "friendly" bank who was so "duh" by making such a big bu-bu. Because of that, even if we tried to rectify the situation, there is no more trust from the merchant and so they just decided to drop out.

This morning, ML asked Meow and me into the meeting room. He dropped the bomb that he has already tender in his resignation. His last day will be either 18 or 19 of this month. Immediately, my eyes teared up. He said it's something good as he is getting a better offer (5 figure salary) and he needs it. I wish him luck and all the best but yet my heart aches. I will miss him so much even though he used to be a stand-alone kinda guy previously, but as time went by, the team has turned into a family. He is my mentor, I run to him for everything. I'm afraid I will be so lost without him. I will miss his sarcastic manner with me.

I just have been feeling so down that my eyes are so "thin" and moved so easily to tears. I feel like I just wanna curl up on my bed (preferbably with someone), lock my room and cry my eyes out. I feel so miserable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home